Monday, December 8, 2008

The tale of Peanut Butter and Red Mouse

Before we continue on our journey and take you along on our adventures, we must first introduce you to Red Mouse. Because there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that Peanut Butter loves more than Red Mouse--including me. Last year at Christmas I was at a Petco and picked up a red mouse and a green mouse, one for each cat, for $1 each.
Peanut Butter: RED MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best Christmas of my life!


Well, my cat became obsessed with hers. Like a security blanket, she began carrying it around the house. Not a day went by that you didn't see the two of them together (except for when she was batted under the tv, bookcase, stove.....) Like Linus and his blanket. And she is actually known to get quite vicious if you taunt her with Red Mouse and dangle it in front of her or try to play with it.
PB: MY RED MOUSE!!!!!!!!! GIVE HER TO ME NOW!

I have bought her countless other toys and mice: with fur, with feathers, some that jingle, some that are even red. And sure, she'll play with them on occassion, usually when Red Mouse is MIA or I throw them at her, but it's always half-hearted.
PB: Who cares about a stupid jingly ball. Stupid thing rolls under everything and gets lost. Gimme my red mouse!
Peanut Butter and I had to go home to NY for a few months and like a good mother, I packed Red Mouse. And oh, the adventures the two of them had together! Peanut took her everywhere! You never knew where Red Mouse would turn up next---although often she was on the front door mat.
PB: *quite huffy* It was a present for you to show you how much I love you! Fine. Next time it will be a dead mouse or lizard! Ha!

I thought I was crazy for a while because Red Mouse started showing up all over the house. We'd go to bed and she would be downstairs, yet in the morning, she would be upstairs next to my bed. Turns out, Peanut would go downstairs to find her and then carry her upstairs to bed in her mouth. I've never seen anything like it with a cat. Dogs, yes. Cat's no.
PB: Dogs are stupid. Can't even go to the bathroom by themselves.
When we came back to Florida, I had to start bringing Red Mouse to bed with us beause we slept with the door closed so the other cat wouldn't come attack Peanut.
PB: Shutup. I don't tell people you still sleep with your teddy bear. Or that you snore. Gimme Red Mouse.


Red Mouse is known to go missing for days, sometimes weeks. Yet Peanut always knows exactly where she is at all times because most of the time, she magically reappears after a few days without me having to go searching on my hands and knees.
PB: Sometimes she pisses me off. I put her in a timeout until she was ready to be nice to me again.
I know it wasn't a crazy adventure but everyone that knows me and Peanut, knows about Red Mouse. They are inseperable BFFs!

PB: Where is she? What did you do with her! Give her to me now!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

LOL @ the dog comment about not being to go to the bathroom by themselves!!